Phew! That was a crazy ride and no mistake!
After five amazing days of intensive class and video production, here are my key take-aways.
- Taking this class was the right decision! It was a ton of fun and I learned something totally new that I probably never would have done otherwise.
- Making videos is a lot more fun than I anticipated, and while it is still a lot of work, the work isn’t tedious and so doesn’t really feel like work.
- Also, I now know how to use Premiere, which I’ve had on my computer for three years and never had the guts to figure out.
- YouTube is a lot more fun and straight forward than I had given it credit for.
- Being a grad student has definite perks, like the ability to check out amazing high quality video, sound, and light equipment.
- Said equipment is also HEAVY.
- I hate traffic. Period. I would rather drive farther, or wait longer and go at non-peak times, than drive anywhere during rush hour. Ugh!
- Sometimes, it’s worth it to cough up the dough for a hotel close to the destination. See above.
and last but not least…
- I have caught the film gadget lust bug! Having gotten the chance to play with the whole process, I want to keep going! I went through Best Buy yesterday for ONE thing, which I found very quickly, and then spent fifteen minutes drooling over the digital camera section arguing with myself over whether I could justify it as a school expense.
Resource call, if you have any experience with digital cameras, what do you use and how have you liked it?